Friday, May 19, 2006

Jazz, capoeira, and Laos... a tribute to my worldliness (haha)

I'm listening to a web-streaming jazz station at work (while blogging). Cool song title: "The Shoes of the Fisherman's Wife Are Some Jive-Ass Slippers" by the legendary Charles Mingus. "Jive-Ass"... I'm gonna try and use that in a conversation sometime this week. If you pick up on it (and thus admit to reading my blog), I'll give you a prize.

By the way, thanks to everyone who came out to Forbidden City last night to watch my second public capoeira appearance. Luckily, no bystanders suffered any injuries despite having to watch us play in a cramped, dark space.

One of these days, I will have a digital camera and will be able to post pictures for all 3 of my blog readers. I lost my last digi cam (and all my backpacking pictures) in September 2004 while in Laos sharing a tiny, canoe-sized speedboat with 4 Japanese backpackers zipping down the Mekong River. I can't believe I've lasted this long without a camera, but then again it's nice not having to document life through snapshots.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

make that 4 Kelvin.... 4 people read your blog so you better get on those pictures

8:44 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

am i one of those three? at least you have 3.... i have like 1 1/2.

you should come home on tuesday. mom's cooking "the most expensive steak." then i can commute with you b/c i have to take a bus to boston the next day

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home