Friday, May 12, 2006

Kuh-nish

Reasons I cannot focus on my work today:

1. Civil disobedience. It's Friday, and I am silently protesting my right to a three day weekend.
2. I am craving a knish. Don't ask me how these classic-NY, jewish potato patties infiltrated our Filipino household, but I remember I used to eat these things for breakfast everyday when I was in elementary school. I have rediscovered my childhood addiction to them, and I am looking forward to eating one after work today.
3. I'm browsing the CNNmoney website for "best jobs in America". "Professor" was rated #2 best profession based on growth, pay, stress level, flexibility, creativity. Go team go! The only thing bad about being a professor is that it got a C for "ease of entry". It's the publish or perish culture of academia. But hey, once you have tenure, you're set!
4. I'm looking forward to the Center for Complementary and Integrative Medicine's free lunch today, complete with powerpoint presentation on psychology experiments and gourmet foccacia-bread sandwiches.
5. I am actively "guiding" my custom-made radio station on www.pandora.com.
6. Now that we have been mandated by the Health/Safety Office to keep our doors closed (for fire safety reasons), I have decided to take advantage of my newfound privacy by practicing capoeira headstands in my office.
7. The sun has not been out in 3 days. I feel incomplete.
8. Related to #7. I refuse to have a cup of coffee today. Therefore, I cannot work.
9. Leon's slope day pics are funny.
10. It's my Mommy's Birthday and I'm going home to L.I. today for her bday party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home