Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Xmas Cheer

My car was towed today. I had an interview in the city, and my car (my mom's car) was nowhere to be found when I returned to it. Can you imagine how that must feel? Actually, my panic attack only lasted a second... makes me think I can handle surprise, high-pressure situations well... like an ER doctor. So, I immediately called 311. The car was towed at 3:34, exactly when the meter expired, and just 10 minutes before I arrived at the spot. Bastards!!! They were totally out to get me. Towing companies are in the business of screwing people. They should be called screwing companies. The more people they can find who are violating parking laws, the more money they make. And I guess they don't believe in the "holiday spirit" of cutting people a break.

Tomorrow, mom and I go to the city to pick up the car as I shell out a big chunk of my Fulbright money to the bastards. Surprisingly, my parents took it well. As long as I pay for it and say I learned my lesson (which I did!), they're fine with what happened. Our conversation today when I got home was like an episode out of Full House. My mom also excited about making an excuse to go to the city tomorrow to see the Christmas sights. See, that must be where I get my optimism from.

On a lighter note, I came home and decorated the Christmas tree and put jingle bells on my dog's legs. haha... it's great. Now he's like this black, fat, low-riding reindeer when he walks around.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home