Thursday, April 28, 2005

First day at my first real job.

Good stuff: cheap and delicious Spanish food everywhere (i'll take beans and rice over McDo anyday), beautiful office view of the GW Bridge, an officemate who likes to blast jazz music while working, and jeans/sneakers are ok.

Bad stuff: my brown skin means that I must explain over and over again to people that I am Filipino and don't speak Spanish; the killer commute (door to door travel time is a whopping 1 hr and 40 minutes!)... putang ina sheeit!... and as much as I like this job, the whole "full-time" concept is gonna get some getting used to.

In the meantime, our house on LI has turned into a refugee camp. We've doubled our population thanks to the CKs (cebu kids). but it's all good... Every nite is like a big slumber party, but without the san miguel and fertilized duck eggs. Oh, by the way, thanks to Mario, Miranda, and Edgar for accomodating us on Slope Day. You'll be glad to know that your donated time and effort has helped to brighten the lives of 4 immigrants kids. Ask me for some really nice shots of Snoop (or Snoopy as my mom calls him).

So awesome. If only I knew...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home